CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nerd Alert

I know this is a bit late but I had to put up some pictures...So most of you know & most of you are Twilight fans. So the last book for the 'saga' came out August 2nd. My cute little sister-in-law Aubri {who is 13} & my bro-in-law Jeff & his good friend Kimmie & I all went to the Midnight Breaking Dawn book release party @ Barnes & Noble...in Orem, UT. They went WAY early to get wristbands. Like 5am.


I showed up a just a little later...with breakfast of course.

I was kinda excited and kinda nervous cause I didn't know what to expect. Well...I guess I did know what to expect...it was in Orem & I knew that was probably going to be one of the biggest crowds out there. But I thought it would be interesting. & boy was it...I know we've al learned in the past that vampires were all gothic & stuff. But Stephenie Meyer changed that with her books. But most of the people that came 'in costume' were kinda scary. Plus there were just too many dang people. So you could hardly even move. We did make our own fun...people watching is always a good time.

Luckily the early risers got us some good wristbands & we were in the front of the line.

The line went on & on & on! I'm sure there were a good thousand people in the line. & that was for people who had reserved a copy of the book! There was a whole other line for people who hadn't reserved a copy!

It was pure madness! We tried to occupy our time well. We had movies & books & gameboys...or whatever they are called these days. The ds or something. Anyway...we took pictures too, of course!


We totally didn't plan on matching. So we got our books @ 12:14am. I rushed home to read & read till about 2:30am. Then woke up & read all day & so on. It was a really good ending for me. I loved it. All I have to say is that I want bruises...if you know what I mean ;)

9 comments:

Netti said...

Ha ha ha ha. How I love that last sentence. You know I want me some bruises as well.

You totally look like Jordan in the last picture. Anyway, Breaking Dawn was an awesome ending for me as well. I just loved it!

kate said...

looks fun! you should totally check out this etsy shop, she has lots of cute "twilight" accessories right now. :)

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5134950

Anonymous said...

man brit! you are hardcore huh? haha awesome :) looks like a lot of fun :) (except for that waking up ridiculously early part...) i love those books :) and yes, i laughed SO HARD when i heard about the bruises too...in fact, didn't you have some the other day when i saw you?? ;) haha

cortnieb said...

ok so I am lame! I immediately thought of the pregnancy bruises and then quickly remembered the first part of the book! hehe! naughty britty!!

Scottkids said...

I want bruises, feathers,scratches,broken headboards and houses! HAHAHA Your right that was funny! You look gorgeous in all your pics! Love them! and U!

melanie said...

hey brit! that was fun seeing you last weekend. loved your hair. and i don't know what you were talking about us being dorks for painting our faces and dressing up in commando, spying on friends and little brothers every friday and saturday night. don't all 18 year olds do that?

dani said...

brit,
you and your husband are hotties.
dani

Mrs. Gibbons said...

You need to post some pictures from your special day!!!!

Kristyn said...

Hey Brittney! We're still up in Weber County, though we're looking into moving further south in a couple years. We're taking baby steps away from North Ogden. JK So....Mason's school is just off 12th street in Ogden. It is Weber School District's "alternative" type school for students with disabilities. I'm looking at doing the lottery for Spectrum Acadamy in North Salt Lake. Have you heard anything about them from your patients? It's good to talk to you!